Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1st Day at School - Lil Darling Khayra


If you follow my Twitter you will definitely get the idea on my feelings with my love hate decision when I first sent my Lil Darling to school yesterday.

Khayra woke up early and I managed to cook chicken porridge for her, packed the food, mandikan Khayra and had breakfast before leaving the house. Hubby had court cases that morning thus we went out with separate cars.

Khayra ok sepanjang jalan to school and we were singing her favourite song, ‘Allahuakbar’ by Maher Zain. When we arrived at the school, all teachers were waiting outside and welcoming all the kids as well as the parents. Ok, time ni saya dah start berdebar. Heh. 1st time, kasi chance lah drama sket. Haha! Saya bawak Khayra turun dari car seat and bawak beg Khayra to meet the teachers. After talking with Teacher Munirah, I showed to Khayra that there were other friends, sisters and brothers inside the rooms. Khayra at that time tak lepas dari dukung saya and as I was about to leave, Teacher Munirah came and hulur tangan nak ambil Khayra. Khayra cried a little bit and I went out sebab tanak la Khayra nangis lama-lama tengok saya pergi. Sobs.

As I forgot to tell something, I returned back and met Teacher Ha and to my surprised, Khayra did not cried anymore and she was busy playing blocks with her new friends. I left as soon as I saw Khayra was ok but I was the one who cried when I entered my car. Haha, drama ok? I cried because I had those mixed feelings after sending her to school - rasa terharu anak saya boleh get along with strangers, rasa kesian sebab tinggalkan anak saya in a new environment secara tiba-tiba, rasa sedih sebab dengar anak saya nangis at first, rasa risau tentang anak saya di bawah jagaan orang lain, rasa happy sebab at least Khayra boleh belajar dengan teratur di sekolah, fikir on how Khayra would deal with the separation anxiety, hah macam-macam rasa lah timbul. Hehe. I bet if you were in my shoes, especially mothers, you will definitely get what I mean.

I did not go straight to my office but bawak kereta mengelilingi perumahan baru, bersiar-siar menikmati panaroma alam until my tears has gone. Heh. Sedih tau, dah la sorang-sorang dalam kereta dan ditambah pulak dengan hormone PMS, double trouble jadinya. Heh. When I reached my office, every second in the office seemed like hours! Asyik tengok jam je and berdoa dalam hati, “Cepatlah pukul 12.30”. School for 1st week adalah untuk half day sahaja in order to get the kids familiar with the new environment.

If you are still wondering, taska / school anak saya selain berbentuk daycare, ia juga menyelitkan 2 sesi pembelajaran mengikut peringkat umur. Macam Khayra – kelas untuk 2 tahun, jadual pagi ada 1 sesi belajar (i.e. flashcards / objects etc.) dan petang ada 1 sesi stimulation minda (i.e. main blocks, shapes, play-doh, fun toys etc.). In addition to that, kami pilih and decided to send Khayra here sebab 1 kelas limited to just only 15 babies / kids with 3 teachers on watch and while feeding / bathing, there will be 5 more teachers to assist. Rasa macam takla ramai sangat kan, sebab saya pernah tahu dan nampak ada certain daycare ada sampai 40 orang dan lebih di mana tak ramai cikgu on guard. So, if tak hantar this year (despites pujukan both grandparents supaya tak hantar Khayra lagi this year, hehe), we have to wait another one year to book and we think by that time, lagi susah Khayra nak berpisah from her comfort zone.

This morning I made macaroni soup for Khayra. Bukan tak percaya masakan / foods yang disediakan di school but I just wanted something from home which Khayra is familiar with in school.. if not the surroundings, home-cooked food should be good enough, at least for me.

Quoted by Sophia Loren : When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” Word! :D



Khayra’s pictures : 1st day went to school (03.01.2011)

.



4 comments :

Marliza Radzi said...

Aunty is proud of you, Khayra!

And of your Ibu too ;)

Hazri said...

Yeaaaa...! khayra big girl dah pergi school!

dayot said...

Yalah,Khayra sudah besar,sudah pergi sekolah.Ganbatte Khayra & ibu !

HW said...

Marliza : Khayra said - "Makacih" :D Thanks dear!

Hubby : Big girl kan? Hehe :D

Dayot : Thanks!