Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Working Mom Dilemma #2

Working days after having a long break; be it a long weekend, vacation or school holidays are the most crucial time to face. Hehe. The first morning to resume the usual normal routines is the hardest as you need to handle your grumpiness AND your kids’ as well. Bahahaha!

We didn’t go anywhere during this long weekend (Maulud Nabi, Christmas public holidays and weekend) as I need time to sort out the girls’ school preparation, re-arranged their wardrobe and did some house chores. We stayed up late to watch movies and spent time with our parents.

This morning, the girls woke up as usual and everything was done by 7.40am. I planned to go out at 8am as the girls and I wanted to go for breakfast together and I need to go to Honda service center afterwards to fetch hubs as he sent my MIL’s car for service. Everything went out smoothly up until Hafiya wanted to poop and I haven’t performed my Solat Dhuha yet. As a result, we were late and only went out at 8.15am. I was supposed to fetch hubs at 8.45am and we haven’t got our breakfast yet. So I had to change plan and sent Hafiya direct to her daycare and then Khayra and I went for breakfast. At the warung, the nasi lemak didn’t turn out as good as usual and it was raining heavily until we had to wait a few minutes to get to the car. When we walked to the car, Khayra accidentally stepped on a water puddle and caused her pants slightly wet. I had to send her direct to her daycare as I wanted to fetch hubs next.

Everything went so wrong after the girls were getting ready with no hiccups this morning (yeay?) T______T

I got this mixed emotions when I arrived at the office:

# I was more than happy as the girls were in their good mood even though after a long weekend, I thought they could handle their Mr. Gopal syndrome very well nowadays;

# I was feeling guilty as I didn’t manage to bring Hafiya as well for breakfast this morning. But on the other hand, I was feeling that I’ve made the right choice for sending her first because it was raining heavily during our breakfast (I promised to myself to make it up to Hafiya after this – hubs was suggesting to bring them to have keropok lekor Losong for tea time);

# I was feeling bad as I didn’t had the chance to attend to Khayra’s wet pants because of the water puddle;

# I was feeling guilty for not being able to spend good and quality times with them during the weekend as I was quite busy with the house chores (but we did some activities and painting together AND I still think that weren’t enough, blurgh - I blame on my OCD-ness on this where I was feeling 'unsettled' if I did not arrange their wardrobe nicely, did not sweep the floor and did not mop the entire house).

After what happened this morning, I agreed with Vivy upon reading on her post regarding on a working mom dilemma and time to juggle between work and family.

It is tough to balance both perfectly but we will somehow have to accept the fact that we are all human being, and to feel down or feel unsatisfied for the thing we have tried our best is normal; be it either you are a full time working mom or a stay at home mom. After all our goal is the same; to provide the best for our children and family, insyaAllah.

Counting the minutes to go back to my lil darlings. Tick tock tick tock.


No comments :