Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, January 24, 2016

New Routines: Working Mom Dilemma #3

It has been several times that I tried to update my blog, pheww. It’s nearly a month we are in year 2016. How time flies. My weekday’s daily routine changed tremendously. Bahaha. In a good way, I hope.

Start my morning routine at 5.15am – the first one to wake up and the last one to go to bed; that would be my title at home (except that hubs sometimes staying up to finish his work or simply playing with PS4 or watching his favourite TV show teehee). Not complaining at all but I just wanna write down my new routine after having daughters who have entered a primary school and pre-kindy this year. Serious business, tehee.

As Subuh is a bit late nowadays, I will perform my Tahajjud and recite few pages of Al-Quran first. Next, I will prepare their bekal and breakfast (I usually prepare different food for their bekal and breakfast) and in between, I will prepare their school uniforms and clean up the kitchen. Then take my bath and perform Subuh prayer before wake them up.

“Assalamualaikum, salam sejahtera ke atas Khayra and Hafiya” – that’s how I wake them up. I always end up nyanyi lagu Faizal Tahir; “Assalamualaikum dunia, lihatlah semua..” Lyric of a song that stuck in my head masa pagi-pagi.

Next, we (yes, together with my hubs) will get the kids ready for school, eat their breakfast, prepare milk for Hafiya and we will also get dressed for work. By 7am, hubs usually will leave the house with Khayra first. I will do some ironing of the kids’ uniform for the next day use (except on Sunday as I already did that during weekend). I will usually leave the house at 7.20am.

After sending out Hafiya to school (which is before 8am), I will go either straight to the firm or join hubby or join my friends for breakfast. I will fetch the kids at 5pm and will go home to prepare dinner or we just tapau-ed away. Hehe. When I reached home, I will unpack their bags, cleaned up their bekal, checked on their time table for tomorrow, basuh dan sental baju sekolah (yes, I hand washed their school uniform sebab baru puas hati), make sure their bags are ready for tomorrow, getting them to bathe, checking out on their homework, doing revision with them, preparing for our dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, menyapu, doing the laundry if any, mop the whole house twice a week pheww tak larat nak tulis everything in here haha. But they will go to bed at 8.45pm and there will be a quiet moment to recite / hear surah pilihan before tidur. Before they sleep, they usually will say without fail, “Good night ibu and abah, I love you” to both of us.

Last week was the first week after transition week and we were slowly trying to adapt these new routines into our daily lives. Work in the office has been piling up as we have a few State projects to handle and meetings to attend. It is quite tough to do all these alone, but thank you Allah for my husband who always lend his helping hands to me. Thank you to my daughters for always say thank you whenever I cook for the family, say sorry whenever they did wrong and by simply listen to our bebelan or nasihat when we are having meals together at home.  

To my darling daughters (and my beloved husband): I am sorry for those days that I had lost my anger, those days that I’ve scolded both of you because I was too tired and those days I just wanna be alone for 10 minutes - where I will end up cried in my solat or cried in silence just before I dozed off. Believe me, I was not proud of it and I've tried my very best to control everything so that we will have the best moments in life together. After all I am human being, I do have my weaknesses.

These new routines eventually gave big impact on me when I have totally forgotten Khayra’s music lesson yesterday T_______T until her teacher texted me to remind about her class! LOL :P Ended up we were late by an hour! That was NEVER happened to me for the last 3 years. Other incidents happened last night where Khayra woke up at 1am asking for water and Hafiya cried in her sleep and I tak sedar langsung! Husband attended to both of them last night and I only woke up when my alarm clock rang at 5.15am! Pheww. 

TOO TOO TIRED, I guess. Hehe.

I’d like to jot down a few tips for #notetomyself reminder but maybe in my next entry. Till then!


ibuwijioya said...

gigihkan para ibu?me too adapting new life now,pheewww...

HW said...

Linda : Semoga Allah balas dengan kebaikan untuk anak-anak kita, insyaAllah :D