Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just Like My Ummi

.

I stayed with my parents since I left the Uni days. That includes the time when I was doing my chambering, started my work at the firm as a legal assistant and even after getting married to my Husband while we were still holding the PJJ’s status. Being the only daughter and the only child in the house at that moment made my relationship with my parents stronger and closer day by day.

One thing I realized about my mom is that she is very welcoming all guests at our house. You have no idea that she will cook special dishes for our guests, special menus, and special desserts, changes the bed sheet, cleans the house like a VVIP will come over to our house and she will do them without any helping hands. My mom is super hebat when it comes to cooking. Boleh buat 10 lauk, desserts and other things dalam satu masa and the tastes are just muwallah! It is true mom’s cooking is the best kan? :D Same goes during Hari Raya. Every year my Brothers and I suggest to just order from any caterer as the second Hari Raya would be the day we welcoming all relatives and friends to my parents’ house and setiap tahun pasti rumah Ummi dan Abah saya akan dipenuhi tetamu hingga ke malam hari. But being my mom, she just loves to cook by herself – kepuasan hati bila memasak dan tetamu habiskan masakan sendiri, kata Ummi saya.

Bayangkan untuk semua tetamu yang datang seawal pagi hingga ke malam hari, hidangan makanan adalah hasil masakan Ummi saya. Saya tolong sikit-sikit lah sebab masak does not come within my expertise. Hehe. Ummi usually wakes up early to prepare semua dishes. Kadang-kadang saya mengomel sebab kena bangun awal pagi tolong Ummi sedangkan order sahaja kan senang?

Recently when we stay on our own, kawan baik saya Ida Harniza came to pay us a visit and went to Tanjung Jara for her vacation with her Husband. A week before they came over, we have already set in mind what to do and where to go. The night before they reached at KT I slept at 12.30am after making 2 containers of Trifle and that was done after putting my baby to sleep.

They reached at KT at 8.30 am; we picked them up at the airport and went for breakfast at the famous Nasi Dagang’s Restaurant and went for batik hunting at Pasar Payang afterwards. We had to leave them at our house as we had to attend a kenduri that evening and I made spaghetti bolognese for them to eat while we were out and Trifle as the dessert. In the evening after attending the kenduri we took them out for seafood celup tepung at Teluk Ketapang and wanted to go for aiskrim goreng at night for supper but everyone was full and decided not to go out that night. Heh. I woke up early to prepare breakfast for our guests and later brought the breakfast to PIL’s house as PIL had invited us and our guests for breakfast that morning.

It was indeed a happy weekend for us. Tiba-tiba saya rasa saya dah ‘mewarisi’ sifat Ummi saya; memasak for the guests and yeah now I understand how my mom’s feeling on that. I know I am not good at cooking but still it makes me feel sangat puas hati dapat layan my own guests and cook for them. Walaupun kadang-kadang skeptical bila Husband saya cakap saya masak sedap. But one thing I have learned kalau kita masak dengan hati yang ikhlas dan gembira, insyaAllah masakan kita menjadi; at least that is what my mom told me. Haha.

So Ummi, thanks for making me into what I am today in entertaining our guests and I promise to be super rajin masak after this untuk kenyangkan tetamu-tetamu saya yang lain (if any), just like what Ummi has always did! Weee!




P/s : Id & Irfan thanks for coming and please do come again next time ya! :P

.


10 comments :

Anonymous said...

wah, nak gi umah wahida gak lama macam ni... hihihihi... anyway, masak sendiri memang lg puas hati, kan?

HW said...

Lina : Welcome! Welcome! :P Betul, memasak lagi mencabar skrg sb ada baby. Kena super fast! Haha.

The Zulus said...

kalau kitaorang jadik tetamu kamu sebulan ok tak? save budget.. dapat makan free..hahahah..

Anonymous said...

nok tahu jadi 'ummi' ke dok lagi, bg amber rasa kuah singgang & laksa penang dulu hok demo wak.. klu amber kata ok, baru OK!

Hazri said...

thank you jugak kepada umi - bila wahida masak utk guests, saya jgk untung sb bleh jadi "taster"... hehehe... best wooooo wahida masak... slurrrppp....!

Lina: sila2... murah je rate kita, dalam RM200 je semalam inclusive of food, entertainment and travel guide... hehehe...

Zulus: hahahaha... tapi lepas hari ketiga tu, makan maggi masak sendiri je... hahaha!

Abang: wahida "ummi" versi moden... dok masok kuah singgang & laksa penang - dia masok chicken chop ngan spaghetti...

HW said...

Zulus : The Q is korg nk ke duduk sebulan nih? Haha.

Bro : Its not about d taste, tu confirm Ummi prevails, its about the 'act of entertaining'. Haha!

Hubby : Bila ckp sedap, lepas tu tnya berulang kali - "Betul ke yang?" (skeptical, kan?) Haha :P

ibuwijdan said...

nanti aku gi ganu stay umah ko la ye.hehehehehe...boleh rasa masakan ko plak.boringla masakan sendiri..

ibuwijdan said...

nanti aku gi ganu stay umah ko la ye.hehehehehe...boleh rasa masakan ko plak.boringla masakan sendiri..

ibuwijdan said...

nanti aku gi ganu stay umah ko la ye.hehehehehe...boleh rasa masakan ko plak.boringla masakan sendiri..

HW said...

Ibu Wijdan : Haha. Takot seh sb ko terer masak. Heh.