Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My England is not very well...


I recently received an email [entitled “Read the English and weep (literally)”] containing a link to the official website of the Malaysian National Registration Department (Jabatan Pendafataran Negara).

The said link (http://www.jpn.gov.my/BI/3_3_1_pengenalan.php) opened a page which displays the information relating to MYKID (the children’s version of the National Registration Identification Card) and as I was reading the said info, it was shocking to discover the level of English competency in the official website of our very own governmental body.

I do admit that my English is also ‘broken’ and I am far from being qualified to criticize other people’s English but when I read the “MYKID Information”, it did made me want to weep. Being a Malaysian, it was rather embarrassing, considering that the said information would be viewed by a lot people, both local and foreign (when I logged into the website, I was visitor number 97,529).

Perhaps the government should focus less on the issue of English language being used in Science & Maths and concentrate more on the usage of English within its own institutions.


The page


(Click to enlarge)
The brave types betul la Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara ni…





No comments :